Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the Wisconsin 4-H Foundation and causes we support, we declare that all donors to our organization have these rights:
- To be informed of our mission; of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes;
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on our governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities;
- To have access to our most recent financial statements, including the past three years’ audit reports and tax returns;
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they are given;
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition for their financial contributions;
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law;
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature;
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors;
- To have the opportunity for their names to be reviewed, corrected or immediately deleted from mailing lists at their discretion by calling, writing or e-mailing their request;
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers;
- To know that the Wisconsin 4-H Foundation does not share, rent or sell our donors’ names, addresses or phone numbers and that no outside information is being collected or shared with outside agencies;
- To know that donor lists with address and phone information are shredded prior to disposal.
The Wisconsin 4-H Foundation does not collect information from anyone visiting its website except for those who voluntarily request to be put on our mailing list, request information or reply to an inquiry or make a donation.
Financial information about the Wisconsin 4-H Foundation can be obtained by writing to us at 702 Langdon Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53706.